“Surely it is God’s Spirit within people, the inspiration of the Almighty within them, that makes them intelligent.” (Job 32:8).
What an unexpected and pleasant surprise it was to receive the Very Inspiring Blogger Award! I was honored to receive this nomination from Faith Rises. Thank you! Since starting this blog in January of this year, I have been so blessed to see the blog grow to 72 posts, 49 followers on WordPress, and 53 followers on Twitter.
- Thank the person who nominated you and include a link back to their blog.
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- Pass the award to 7 nominees (oops, I did 8 – couldn’t narrow it down!).
Seven Things About Me:
- I have always enjoyed writing. I wrote my first novel – an 88 page science fiction story – at the age of 8. I have written and published two books, “Supernatural: Contending for Signs and Wonders Today” and “The Beausejour Pulpit.”
- I grew up in the small town of Rouleau, Saskatchewan, a farming community in Canada. (If you have ever heard of the Canadian sitcom Corner Gas, that is filmed in Rouleau AKA Dog River).
- My biological dad’s parents, Andrew and Doreen Bogle, immigrated to Canada from Scotland on June 1, 1927 on the S.S. Athenia. Braveheart is one of my favourite movies.
- When I first graduated from high school, I got involved in a theatre company called the Regina Summer Stage in their production of Gilbert and Sullivan’s The Pirates of Penzance. At that time, I was considering either pursuing a career in acting, or become a Marine Biologist.
- I became a Christian at the age of 18, and have been involved in pastoral ministry for almost 20 years – 14 years as a youth pastor, and the past five and a half years as a lead pastor.
- I have been married for seventeen years to a wonderful woman, Liza, and have four amazing children – Caleb, Tori, Austin and Hannah.
- I have been on several church mission trips to places like Mexico, Costa Rica, and the Yukon Territories in Northern Canada.
Here Are Seven (No, Eight!) Very Inspiring Blogs:
- Chief of the Least – http://chiefofleast.com/
- iLifeJourney – http://ilifejourney.wordpress.com/
- A Tranquil Place – http://atranquilplace.wordpress.com/
- The 1 Saved By Grace – http://the1savedbygrace.com/
- Living in the Reign – http://livinginthereign.wordpress.com/
- When all is said and done – http://ellepeterson.wordpress.com/
- The Ink Slinger – http://inkslingerblog.wordpress.com/
- J.C. Ryle Quotes – http://jcrylequotes.com/
I want to give a huge thank you and God bless you to all of my followers and those who visit from time to time and ‘like’ my blog… And I appreciate all of the feedback and comments, too… thanks for coming along on the New Life journey with me…
– Chris Jordan