Dear BCC Church Family,
Greetings in the wonderful name Jesus! 2012 was a very special year for BCC as our church celebrated 20 years of ministry in Beausejour. Twenty years of loving God and loving people! I am so blessed by the amazing faithfulness of our Good God.
Some of the major preaching themes we looked at in 2012 included a 10-part series in the Book of Revelation, a 7-part series “Journey Through the Old Testament” and a 10-part series on the life of Jesus from the Gospel of John called “Come and See.”
Some of the special events that occurred in 2012 included:
- From January – March, Heather and Dianna ran a program in our church called Home with a Heart that provided single parents an opportunity to learn valuable skills like parenting, handling finances and more.
- In January, we hosted Christian two recording artists from Alberta – Jill Hagen and Derek Gust.
- In March, we hosted a speaker from Jews for Jesus for a mid-week Christ in the Passover presentation.
- In April, our youth hosted our second True Love Waits (teen abstinence) seminar. 22 students stood up and made a pledge of abstinence until marriage. As it always has, this event garnered much media attention.
- In May, we hosted Pacific Life Bible College and their Cross-Canada tour team’s presentation of Truth.
- In June and Sept. we hosted the Walk Through the Old Testament Seminar – a two day event designed to give people the big picture of the story of the O.T.
- In August, our church joined together with many other churches in Beausejour for a joint worship service to celebrate our town’s Centennial (100 years).
- In August, we had a special guest speaker: Pat Emerick, the Canadian Director of Gospel for Asia.
- In the fall, we hosted an 8-week long Marriage Course for couples in our church and community.
- November was a month of Signs and Wonders.
- On the last Sunday in December, we had a pancake breakfast in our morning service. It was fun!
One of the transitions our church family faced this past year was when Alvin Rueckert resigned as our assistant pastor in December. As Alvin and Zenda move on to other things, we pray God’s blessings on them.
In this handout, you will find reports from our children’s, youth, worship ministry, men’s and women’s ministries, intercessory prayer team, Costa Rica mission trip, missions, Overcomers Outreach, and our Life Groups. I pray that you will be encouraged, and praise the Lord for all of the good things He is doing in and through BCC…
BY THE NUMBERS:
- Decisions for Christ 33
- Water Baptisms 7
- Holy Spirit Baptisms 24
- New Members 9
- Website Hits 183,546
Other ministries not reported here separately include:
- A weekly Christian Club that I lead at Edward Schreyer School on Wednesdays at lunch time.
- Premarital, marriage, family and crisis counseling.
- Our helps ministry (which includes food hampers and financial aid for families in crisis situations).
- Our annual clothing give-away outreach.
On a personal note, in February of 2012, I published my second book, The Beausejour Pulpit, a collection of ten messages from Sundays at BCC, a 31 day devotional through the Book of Proverbs, Foursquare Foundations (a look at our statement of faith), and Faith in Focus (a collection of the first year of columns I wrote for the Clipper).
Liza and I are so thankful to the Lord for the privilege of pastoring this wonderful church family. In the past six years, we have seen our church family steadily grow from an average attendance of 99 to about 150 on Sunday mornings. What a blessing! Our desire as we head into 2013 is to see more people’s lives transformed by His love. Our vision for this new year is Grace, Growth and Go.
Thank you so much for your partnership together with us in reaching people with the love of Jesus. Let’s believe God for more and continued growth in this New Year…
Lots of love, Pastor Chris Jordan