It’s Day #3 of our week of prayer and fasting.
How are you doing today? What are you praying and fasting for?
Today, I’m reading through Isaiah 20-29. In chapter 26:3-4, God gives us this encouragement: “You will keep him in perfect peace, Whose mind is stayed on You, Because he trusts in You. Trust in the Lord forever, For in Yah, the Lord, is everlasting strength.” Choose to focus on the Lord today, and receive His peace!
I’m also beginning the first of three days of fasting from solid food. The first two days I just fasted from ‘pleasant breads’ (sweets, chocolate, cakes, etc) and from Facebook (I spend a lot of time there!), but when I woke up this morning I felt the need to press in deeper. So, today, Thursday and Friday I am fasting from solid food, drinking only water and fruit juices to keep up my strength.
If you live in or near Beausejour, don’t forget we’re having an hour of corporate prayer from 12:00 noon – 1:00 pm at the church today. Come if you can! If you can’t make it, feel free to share with me your personal prayer requests, and we will believe together with you for a breakthrough in your life this week.
Finally, here’s a Prayer Guideline from the Foursquare Gospel Church. Let’s be intentional about seeking God this week, amen?
FOURSQUARE PRAYER GUIDELINE:
An important part of Prayer & Fasting is meditating on God’s Word. The following Prayer Points can be used as a guideline under the Holy Spirit’s leading in prayer and the Scripture references will be helpful for study and meditating on as you pray over each area. God bless you during this special time.
- Pray that you will be fully committed in your faith – 2 Peter 3:17-18
- Pray for a hunger and pursuit of God, His Word, and Kingdom – Matt. 6:33
- Pray for a fervent and effectual prayer life – James 5:16
- Pray for sanctification and infilling of the Holy Spirit – 1 Thess. 5:23
- Pray for your family and their relationship with God; for protection and unity – Acts 16:31
2. Pastors and Leadership Team
- Pray for the anointing, infilling, and protection of the Holy Spirit upon them and their families – Heb. 13:20-21
- Pray for Spiritual Growth and Intimacy with God – Mark 1:35
- Pray for a Christ-centered Ministry – Gal. 6:14
- Pray for spiritual unity and peace with one another – Eph. 4:1-3
- Pray for wisdom and discernment – Col. 1:9-12
- Pray for healing and encouragement for those hurt in ministry – Heb. 6:10
- Pray for an outpouring of the Holy Spirit, Revival, and Spiritual Awakening – Psalm 85:6-7
- Pray for unity and common purpose – Psalm 133:1
- Pray for a strong faith walk and empowered lives – 1 Cor. 16:13
- Pray to be salt and light in the community – Matt. 5:13
4. Families, Marriages, Singles, and next Generation
- Pray for strengthened, God-centered relationships and reconciliations-1 Cor.13:4-7
- Pray for God’s blessings, direction, and purpose for single men and women – Jer. 29:11
- Pray that God reveal Himself in a powerful way to children, youth, and young adults – Psalm 145:3-5a
- Pray for protection against worldly dangers over children, youth, & young adults -1Pe.1:14
5. Freedom From Bondage
- Pray for those bound by habits, past hurts, failure or bitterness to be free – Ezra 9:9a
- Pray for a renewed hunger and thirst for God and His righteousness – Psalm 85:6-7
- Pray for godly, brave leaders and God’s purpose to prevail in our nation – Prov. 29:2
- Pray for a genuine spirit of repentance to sweep your life, church, and nation – 1 John 1:9, 2 Chronicles 7:14
May Jesus richly bless you as you seek Him this week!
Pastor Chris Jordan