How can you describe a move of God when He shows up? In Isaiah 64:1,3, the Old Testament prophet declares, “Oh, that you would burst from the heavens and come down! How the mountains would quake in your presence! When you came down long ago, you did awesome things beyond our highest expectations. And oh, how the mountains quaked!“ And although there weren’t necessarily any mountains shaking this past Sunday morning, our church definitely sensed God’s presence as it was manifested in a powerful way! I don’t know about you, but I’m so hungry for more of God in my life, my family, and in our church…
After an awesome time of worship where we welcomed the Holy Spirit, my wife Liza got up and gave a prophetic word that launched us into a time of prophecy, prayer, ministry, and continued worship. (You know it’s God moving when a preacher/teacher doesn’t get up and share his prepared message!) During the prophetic flow, one of our elders, Andy, got up and shared a Bible story from the life of Jesus from Mark 4:35-41 & 5:1-20 about Jesus setting free the man who was possessed by a legion of demons.
Another member of our church, Bill, came up and shared a message too about how God is wanting to work a mighty work in our midst – soon – and the only way that will happen is as we acknowledge and welcome the Holy Spirit, then when we start doing the work of the Holy Spirit, mighty things will take place. We also heard from a couple other people in the service as well – such a good family time in God’s presence. After that, I shared a Scripture from Isaiah 61:1-4:
- “1 The Spirit of the Lord God is upon Me,
- Because the Lord has anointed Me:
- To preach good tidings to the poor;
- He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted,
- To proclaim liberty to the captives,
- And the opening of the prison to those who are bound;
- 2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord,
- And the day of vengeance of our God; To comfort all who mourn,
- 3 To console those who mourn in Zion,
- To give them beauty for ashes, The oil of joy for mourning,
- The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness;
- That they may be called trees of righteousness, The planting of the Lord,
- that He may be glorified.”
- 4 And they shall rebuild the old ruins, They shall raise up the former desolations,
- And they shall repair the ruined cities, The desolations of many generations.“
It’s the kind of service that can’t really be described, you had to experience it. That being said, if you missed the service, you can listen to or download the audio MP3 which has clips of the worship, prophetic words, prayer and ministry. I believe there’s an anointing upon this message that will bless and encourage your spirit! Do you need a fresh touch from God? Then find 42 minutes where you can get alone with God and listen to this audio message and be blessed and challenged in the Lord. Receive!
Click Here: Online Audio Sermons
Our church family is praying and believing God on Sunday mornings to not only learn more about the Holy Spirit and the Church in the Book of Acts, we are also believing for ever deeper experiences with Him as well. I want to challenge you – in whatever church you attend – go expecting for an encounter with the living God, amen? Pray that God would pour out His Spirit upon us to anoint and empower us to do minister His healing to broken hearts and freedom to captives!
Check out the link to this new song by Jesus Culture and Kim Walker-Smith simply called Holy Spirit. This is one of the songs that we sang this past Sunday morning when God came down. May it stir up your heart to welcome the Holy Spirit in your life as well!
Holy Spirit You are welcome here
Come flood this place and fill the atmosphere
Your Glory God is what our hearts long for
To be overcome by Your Presence Lord.