Dear BCC Church Family,
In 2015, our theme was Justice, and our key Scripture was Micah 6:8: “He has shown you, O man, what is good; And what does the Lord require of you But to do justly, To love mercy, And to walk humbly with your God?”
In January, we had a water baptism where we baptised two adults and four youth, including my youngest daughter, Hannah! A great day of celebrating new life and transformation in Jesus.
Some of the major preaching themes we looked at in 2015 included Do Something: The Heart of Jesus for Justice and Mercy, Super: Naturally: a 12 week series in the Book of Acts, The Storyteller: an 8 week summer series looking at the Parables of Jesus, and then we finished out the year with the first eight weeks of our new series The Story, a 31 week journey through the entire Bible, which has spilled over into 2016.
Some of the events that happened in 2015:
- In the spring our home groups went through a series called “Forgotten God” by Francis Chan and learned more about the Holy Spirit.
- In March, we had PM Joy Smith come and speak to our church family about Justice and Human Trafficking and how we can make a difference.
- In March, we had a special presentation by Doreen Lundy of Together Building Africa.
- In April, our church hosted a Fun and Faith event Couple’s Night Out with Christian comedian Steve Geyer.
- In May, we hosted Pacific Life Bible College and their Cross-Canada tour team’s music and drama presentation “The Wilderness” (Psalm 63).
- In August, we hosted Christian recording artist David Bracken as a guest worship leader, an annual event we all enjoy and look forward to.
- In August, we also had Sheldon Savage lead worship one Sunday morning. Sheldon was an interim pastor at BCC back in 1998.
- In September we had our annual Back to Church Sunday followed by a BBQ out at Adolf and Sandra’s farm.
- In October, we were blessed to have a special guest speaker, Steve Falkiner, the President of the Foursquare Gospel Church of Canada.
- In December, we participated in Samaritan Purse’s Operation Christmas Child shoebox program for the third year in a row. Our church put together over 250 shoeboxes with some help from the community.
- In December our church also put together three Christmas food hampers to bless needy families in our community.
In this handout, you will find reports from our children’s, youth, worship ministry, men’s and women’s ministries, intercessory prayer team, Overcomers Outreach, and our Life Groups. I pray that you celebrate with us and praise the Lord for all of the good things He is doing in and through our church family.
It’s been nine years since Liza and I first responded to the call from the Lord to come and pastor Beausejour Community Church. In January of 2017, we will be celebrating ten years here, and the church will be celebrating its 25 year anniversary!
The vision the Lord has given us for 2016 is Seek God First. “But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.” (Matthew 6:33). Thank you for your partnership together with us in reaching people with the love of Jesus!
Lots of love,
Pastor Chris Jordan
E-mail me if you want a pdf copy of the full 4 page report including all of the different ministry reports in it.