MY STORY AND MY PASSIONS #6: THE FINAL BENEDICTION (Sermon #2325)
(Pastor Chris Jordan – Beausejour Church)
On August 28, 2016, after almost ten years of being the lead pastor of Beausejour Community Church, I preached my farewell message to our church family.
To listen to or download the audio MP3, click HERE.
INTRO TO SPEAKER: After almost 10 years, this is my final message at BCC!
“11 Finally, brethren, farewell. Become complete. Be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace will be with you. 12 Greet one another with a holy kiss. 13 All the saints greet you. 14 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all. Amen.” (2 Corinthians 13:11-14, NJKV).
- Become complete – perfected – more like Jesus. One mind, peace, unity, Psalm 133!
- THE GRACE OF THE LORD JESUS CHRIST: SALVATION & FORGIVENESS:
“For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.” (Ephesians 2:8-10).
- The grace of Jesus saves us and forgives our sins! Thank Jesus for THE CROSS!
- Do you know Jesus? If not, give your heart to the Lord today and forsake your sins!
2. THE LOVE OF GOD THE FATHER: ADOPTION AND FAMILY:
“Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God!” (1 John 3:1).
- The love of God the Father adopts us into His family. Therefore, let’s love one another!!
3. THE COMMUNION OF THE HOLY SPIRIT: POWER, WISDOM AND LOVE:
“Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.” (Romans 5:5).
- The fellowship of the Holy Spirit – we experience God’s love through Him.
“And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever– the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you…But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.” (John 14:16-18,26).
- He also gives us wisdom and guidance in our lives. SO: Read your Bibles!
“But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me.” (Acts 1:8).
- Finally, He empowers us to share God’s love with others.
PRAYER: Pastoral prayer and blessing for the church to grow in the Lord!
THE FINAL BENEDICTION:
“The amazing grace of the Master, Jesus Christ, the extravagant love of God, the intimate friendship of the Holy Spirit, be with all of you.” (2 Corinthians 13:14, The Message Bible).